Lawrence’s Guide To Subterranean Termite Control
Termites are highly destructive insects, and subterranean termites are the most common, and dangerous, type of termite to pick up around your property. Mantis Pest Solutions should be your first contact when it comes to eradicating this pest, but you can follow these prevention tips to help keep termites far away from your Topeka property.
- Reduce soil-to-wood contact around the foundation of your property, as this only encourages termites to crawl into interior spaces from the outside.
- Keep an eye out for mud tubes around the exterior and interior of your property; mud tubes are a sign that termites are invading and need to be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Seal cracks around the foundation, windows, and doors of your property to help keep termites out of interior areas.
- Remove excess moisture and leaks around your property that lead to humid conditions or the water-damaged wood that termites love to seek out.
- Eliminate termite harborage areas outdoors by cutting back long grasses and overgrown foliage, removing debris like tree stumps and fallen branches, and storing woodpiles on elevated surfaces.
For more information about termite prevention or to get started with expert subterranean termite control, contact Mantis Pest Solutions today.