Scorpion Inspection & Control In Overland Park
At Mantis Pest Solutions, our home pest control services are committed to ensuring that you have a pest-free home. In Overland Park, one of the most harmful pests that can choose to invade your home, is scorpions, since they inhabit warm, dry climates in certain areas of the US- including Kansas.
You might have gotten used to checking the insides of your shoes, piles of clothes or debris, to ensure that you don’t receive a nasty, and painful, surprise (maybe you learned the hard way). Inside your home, this doesn’t have to be- and shouldn’t be -the case.
What’s Causing Your Scorpion Problem?
There are a number of factors which contribute to the likelihood of your home being inhabited by scorpions:
- If the air in your home is particularly moist, it’s more likely to seem attractive to scorpions. This is because a humid atmosphere is indicative of a water source which, in the dry areas that scorpions inhabit, is a survival commodity.
- If you often have an influx of bugs in your home, whether it be the occasional beetle or a full-blown cockroach problem, scorpions may see your home as a good spot to get some nutrition.
- If there are a multitude of different ways that scorpions can enter your home, then they are way more likely to stumble in, than if it was hard work to find a point of access.
How Do We Deal With Scorpions?
If we arrive at your home, and there are scorpions visible in your home, we will dispose of them quickly, and hassle-free.
Next, we’ll do everything we can to ensure that they don’t invade your home again, as well as ensuring that any currently hiding in your house are exterminated. Here are a few of the measures we take to protect against, and rid your home of, scorpions:
- Inspection: to assess the extent of the problem, our team will carry out an inspection to find out exactly where the scorpions could be getting in, as well as locating any nests, and any adult scorpions, that might currently be in your home.
- Silicone caulking: lots of scorpions gain entry to your home via cracks in the walls or the foundation of your house. Our team will locate any cracks we feel scorpions, or other pests, might be using as an entrance, and fill it with silicone to prevent it being used in the future.
- Pesticides: if you’re suspicious that there are scorpions currently in your home, we will use pesticides to neutralize the problem, taking into account whether you have children, or pets, to determine what chemicals our team will use. For the most part, we will spray/sprinkle pesticides along baseboards, doorways, electrical outlets and window seals, since these are the most common haunts for scorpions.
- Invest in a dehumidifier: if you think that, yes, the air in your home is quite humid, then using a dehumidifier could steer scorpions clear of your home, and not suggest it as a place where they can have a drink.
- Deal with other infestations: if you know that you have a problem with other bugs, not to mention the damage that some of these pests can do themselves, you’re providing an easy food source for scorpions, which is sure to make them want to inhabit your home.
- Install door sweeps: aside from getting in through cracks in the walls, scorpions can also enter your home by squeezing under your doors; if you install a door sweep, you’re sealing off one of their easiest entrances to your home.
If you’re dealing with a scorpion or have any other pest problems in Overland Park, feel free to give Mantis Pest Solutions a call and you’ll be on your way to living a scorpion-free, pest-free life.
30+ Years of Experience
Locally Owned and Operated
What Mantis Pest Solutions Customers Are Saying
Jake was very thorough with my most recent application and his explanation of services and recommendations. Thank you!
Jason was very informative and polite. He took the time to tell me his treatment process and made sure I understood what steps they were taking to prevent bugs from entering my home. This is a great local company and I look forward to continuing to use their services.
Jake's work was efficient and he got the job done quickly. Presented himself in a very professional manner.
Jake has always been courteous and respectful. He is quite knowledgeable. I will continue to use this service and recommend it to others.
Derek was awesome. He called about 30 minutes before the predetermined appointment time. He was right on time. He was very helpful; very professional. He asked of my concerns. After our discussion, he got to work. He left no stone unturned; very thorough inside and out. He wasn't going to leave until he knew I was satisfied. Great experience and great customer service. Thanks Derek!
I have been using their service for a little over a year and it’s been great. They’re very professional and the technician’s do a thorough job.
Used Mantis for a little over a year now, and have always had the same service individual (Jake) for each visit who is always super helpful, professional, and quick to assist with out of band service requests and/or questions.
Mantis is great quality at a reasonable prices. I've used them for about a year and my insect issues are non-existent. Scheduling is a breeze and they come when they say they will come. Never been an issue having a technician come out between regular service intervals as well. Derek was super polite, professional and punctual. In addition to him taking care of the wasps nests, he even applied a granular barrier in the event rain washed out the spray application. Overall, a highly satisfied customer!
Jason did a fantastic job. Called to say he was able to come earlier in the day if it worked out for us. He explained everything that he was doing and the expected outcome of the service. Professional and easy to talk with.
LET'S GET STARTED
Get A Free Quote Today!
Our certified pest experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. Simply fill out this form for a free, no-obligation estimate.
By submitting, you authorize Mantis Pest Solutions to send text messages with offers & other information, possibly using automated technology, to the number you provided. Message/data rates apply. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Use is subject to terms.