Infestations by insects like fleas, cockroaches, ants, bees, termites, and more, can cause havoc in your life. Not only does their presence stress you out, but they can also cause extensive damage to your property. There are multiple ways to prevent these insects from infesting your home. Some of services that can provide pest control teams include termite control, pest control, and inspections. They inspect your property to identify any potential problems and develop a comprehensive plan for pest control.
Different Types of Insect Infestations
Different pests can have different effects on your house, and not knowing how to get rid of them can only cause the problem to grow.
Roaches may infest your home or build roach nests outside your home.
A flea infestation will not take too much time to grow from being a small uncomfortable problem to a major issue. It is crucial to tackle a flea infestation as you diagnose it.
Mosquitoes are a common problem in the US. Not only are they a nuisance, but they can also make spending time outdoors a risk. Getting rid of these mosquitoes is vital to ensure the good health of the people living in the area.
Ants are widespread in the US and can create havoc in your homes. They are also not very easy to get rid of. We can identify where exactly the ant infestation is in your house and eliminate the problem.
Spiders are another common issue in many homes. While most of them may not be venomous, some like the Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders can be extremely dangerous. Finding spiders in your home can be unsettling and scary. Experienced experts can eliminate these spiders from your home and ensure they don’t come back again.
While termites are tiny insects and may not look very dangerous, they can create multiple problems in the house. A large colony of termites can consume over 100 pounds of wood each year. They can damage all the wooden furniture and flooring in your house if not eliminated in time.
While it is important to get rid of all the pests that infest your home, it is equally important to make sure they don’t return. Here are some pest control tips to prevent further infestation in your home:
- Ensure all holes and cracks in your house are sealed.
- Keep your kitchen and bathrooms clean at all times, especially when not in use.
- Avoid water from getting stagnated anywhere in your home.
- Store fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator. They can attract insects and pests if kept out for a long time.
- Fix any nets and windows in your house so that they don’t let any insects like mosquitoes, cockroaches, etc., in.
- Avoid cardboard boxes in your house. They can attract roaches and termites and lead to an infestation.
- Trim and maintain all the tree branches and shrubs in your garden and outside your home
- Keep basements and crawl spaces well-ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in well-sealed containers and get rid of garbage regularly.
- Ensure all rotted roof shingles are repaired
- Repair any loose mortar in your basement or garage and replace weather stripping.
- Make sure to store firewood at least 20 feet away from your house. If possible, keep it above ground.
- Get an experienced pest inspection service to regularly inspect your house and check for pests.
A pest infestation can affect your peace of mind and the health of everyone living in your house. It is essential to get rid of all these pests from your home to live in a healthy environment. Contact a local pest control company if you want to inspect your home for pests or want to carry out pest control to eliminate pests from your home. Our team of qualified and experienced experts will do a thorough job and ensure your home is free of pests.
Team Veterans Pest Control is a pest control company based in Charleston. They specialize in the prevention of different insects from infesting your home. We understand the importance of pest control for every home and ensure that our team does a thorough job.