Thankfully, spiders are one pest that would rather avoid people and hide out of sight. However, these arachnids can venture into your home or yard under the right conditions.
If your property has plenty of attractive features to spiders, like a surplus of tasty insect prey or hiding places, you’ll need an effective solution to exclude spiders. Learn about common spiders in the area and how contacting pest control in Overland Park can stop a spider problem.
Common Species Of Spider Found In Overland Park
Many types of spiders make their home in Overland Park. Here are some common spiders you might find on your property beyond common house spiders:
- Brown recluse – They are between 1/4 and 3/4 inches long and are yellow to gray-brown.
- Black widow – They have black, glossy bodies with an inimitable red hourglass-shaped mark on the abdomen and measure 1/4 to 3/8 inches long.
- Black and yellow garden spider – These spiders are not aggressive and like hanging in gardens or near your house. Females are between 3/4 to 1 inch long, and males are around 1/4 inches long, not including their legs.
- Furrow spider – This spider is part of the orb-weaver family and measures between 1/4 and 1/2 of an inch long.
- Wolf spider – These spiders measure between 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 inches long and have three rows of eyes.
You can use natural prevention methods to exclude spiders from your Overland Park home and contact Mantis Pest Solutions for the best spider pest control solution.
Some Spider’s Bites Are Worse Than Others
When spiders feel threatened, or you mishandle them, these arachnids might bite back. Certain spiders may only cause a little pain if they bite, which is a nuisance. However, black widow spiders and brown recluse spiders can harm people and pets.
The black widow spider and brown recluse spider are harmful because they are venomous spiders. It’s possible to develop redness, pain, and swelling around a spider bite. Some people may have an allergic reaction or experience vomiting, tremors, painful cramps, or stiff muscles.
Environmentally-Friendly Spider And Pest Prevention Tips
Do you wonder how to keep spiders in Overland Park away from your yard and home? Try the following to make your place less attractive to spiders:
- Try planting mint in your yard, inside your home and using peppermint essential oil spray to deter spiders.
- Keep your home clean, dust often, and avoid clutter in closets, garages, attics, and basements.
- Add barriers to your home to keep spiders out. Install door sweeps, fix screens over doors and windows, and fill in crevices and gaps where these pests can enter your home.
Look around your property and discover areas where spiders could sneak into your home. So, you may wonder how to prevent spiders on your property.
Keep in mind that the best solution for spider control and prevention is to get a professional spider pest control treatment. However, using prevention tips may provide a bit of help against invading spiders.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
Taking steps to prevent pests like spiders in Overland Park is essential to investing in your home, health, and happiness. When you have a spider infestation, it’s difficult to enjoy living in Overland Park if you constantly run into spider webs, egg sacs, or frequently suffer a spider bite.
Do you want to know how to keep spiders out of your house? The best way to exclude spiders and prevent them from invading your home in the future is to call Mantis Pest Solutions.
Our technicians will quickly and expertly treat your home for spiders effectively. Mantis Pest Solutions uses spider control products and solutions that are safe for your family and pets but not spider pests. Contact Mantis Pest Solutions for the best way to get rid of spiders on your property and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Overland Park.