Rodents come in many different types and sizes, all well-adapted for survival. They generally climb well, run well, are flexible in their habitat choices, and are very diligent at maintaining and growing their populations. While this is good for rodents, it’s not good for you if they set their intentions on moving into your house. Once rodents make their way inside your home, they can breed rapidly, and a minor infestation can suddenly turn into a major one.
If you need rodent control for your home, call Mantis Pest Solutions. Our seasoned technicians can help you with your Overland Park pest control needs.
How To Identify Common Types Of Rodents In Overland Park
Given there are so many different types of rodents you may have to face in your home, here is a list of some of them so that you will know what you are up against:
- Mice: Common house rodents, mice can squeeze through very small openings.
- Rats: These scary critters can grow to a pound of body weight and severely damage homes.
- Squirrels: These rodents climb well, love attics and eaves, and frequently damage insulation.
- Moles: These outside pests cause significant damage to your lawn and plants.
- Gophers: These outdoor pests love to dig in your yard to make homes and find food.
These are some types of rodents you may face when you get a rodent infestation. With so many furry pests looking to make a home in your house, you will likely need rodent pest control in the future. Mantis Pest Solutions can help you with all of your rodent control needs. Call us today when you have rodents.
Rodents Can Make You Sick And Damage Property
Rodent infestations introduce more than one significant risk to you and your property. Rats and mice are historically associated with spreading things like salmonella, leptospirosis, and rat bite fever. You don’t even have to see a mouse or a rat to expose yourself; all they have to do is walk across your furniture, counters, food stores, and dinnerware to spread pathogens. Rats and mice also like to chew on wires and cables behind your walls, which can lead to expensive repairs. Mice are especially bad when sneaking into food stores and chewing small holes into storage containers to get at the food.
If you have rodents in your home, they can cause damage and jeopardize your health. If you discover rodents, call Mantis Pest Solutions. We can get them out of your house.
Four Practical Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
Here are four ways to decrease your chances of encountering rodents in your home:
- Tightly seal outside garbage: Rodents love a free meal and will come running.
- Seal holes in your home: Rodents will exploit any opportunity to enter your house.
- Eliminate outside clutter: Brush piles, woodpiles, and junk piles all look good to rodents.
- Keep a clean home: Dirty homes draw curious rodents who might decide to stay.
Implementing these tips can help reduce your chances of getting rodents in your home. However, if you find them inside, Mantis Pest Solutions can help you get them back out again. Call us today.
The Solution To Total Rodent Control For Your Home
If you have rodents in your home, you need professional help. Rodents breed quickly and resist DIY pest control methods. Trying to address them alone can often leave you unsuccessful and frustrated. Call Mantis Pest Solutions. We are professionals, and we know how to get rid of rodents.