A wasp or bee sting can simply be defined as a laceration or a puncture wound that can take place on your skin from a bee or wasp. The venom of the bee would create a toxic reaction on the skin, which can lead you towards an allergy.
Bee and wasp stings are extremely common among people who don’t pay attention towards wasp control. It can be extremely painful as well and you will get the need to treat the condition as soon as possible. Here is a list of steps that you can follow in order to treat wasp and bee sting, which could happen due to negligence in pest control.
As the first step of bee sting treatment, you should focus on removing the stinger. It is possible for you to scrape the area with an object that has a straight edge. For example, you can think about using a credit card to scrape the area in an effective manner. However, you need to be careful enough not to use any tweezers or pinch the stinger. If you do, more venom would be injected into your body, which can worsen the condition. It is important to know that wasps bite and you will not find a stinger.
Next you need to focus on controlling the swelling. Applying ice can be considered as one of the most convenient and straightforward methods available for you to control swelling. In case if you are stung on the leg or arm, you should keep it elevated. If there is any tight fitting jewelry placed around the sting, you should remove them as well. Otherwise, you will find it as a difficult task to remove them once there is a swelling.
As the next step, you should focus on treating the symptoms. Taking an over the counter painkiller would assist you to get rid of the pain. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are some over the counter painkillers that you can purchase from the market in order to get rid of the pain. If there is itchiness, you can think about taking an antihistamine. It is also possible for you to apply a mixture of water and baking soda or calamine lotion on the area to effectively treat the symptoms.
Depending on the degree of sting, it would take somewhere in between 2 and 5 days to heal. During this time period, you will need to keep the area clean so that you can prevent any infection.
However, some individuals will experience more serious symptoms as a result of wasp and bee stings. If you notice any major symptoms such as dizziness, anxiety, skin that turns red or itches, fast pulse or heartbeat, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, trouble speaking, hoarseness, tightness in throat and difficulty in breathing, you should call 911 or direct that person towards emergency medical treatments under a professional. Most of these reactions are due to a severe allergic reaction. If you know the person is allergic to a bee’s and wasps you should ask
If you want to stay away from the frustrating wasp and bee stings in future, you should think about pest control because prevention is a much better remedy than having to treat these stings.
Thanks Mantis. You saved my family.Tom Simpson