There are many types of spiders, but only a few are considered dangerous to humans. The most dangerous spiders found in the Overland Park area are the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider. If you see either of these spiders in or around your home, it’s important to call for professional pest control in Overland Park right away. This is the best option for dealing with venomous spiders.
How To Identify The Two Dangerous Spiders Found In The Area
The brown recluse is the smaller of the two dangerous spiders, measuring roughly ½” long. They are brown with a dark marking on their back that resembles a violin. Brown recluse spiders are not aggressive but will bite if threatened. Their bites can cause severe skin reactions and, in rare cases, can even be fatal.
The black widow is typically larger, ranging from ½” up to 1 ⅜” long. They are black with a red hourglass-shaped marking on their abdomen. These spiders aren’t typically aggressive towards humans unless provoked, but their bites can be extremely painful. In rare cases, black widow bites can also be fatal.
It is essential to know how to identify these types of house spiders in Overland Park before trying to remove them. Contacting a local pest control company for assistance is the best way to avoid painful and potentially dangerous spider bites.
The Symptoms Of A Dangerous Spider’s Bite
If you think you may have been bitten by one of these spiders, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Here are some symptoms to look out for:
- Pain around the site of the bite
- Redness or swelling
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Trouble breathing or swallowing
If you experience any of these symptoms, please go to the nearest emergency room. Do not try to treat a spider bite by yourself.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Dangerous Spiders Around Your Home
At Mantis Pest Solutions, we take great pride in making safety our number one priority. We have over thirty years of experience delivering high-quality customer service. Our service professionals receive extensive training in inspecting, detecting, and eliminating the pests in your home and around your property. We treat many different kinds of spiders, including the two most dangerous spiders found in Overland Park.
Five Easy Tips To Prevent Future Spider Problems
Here are five tips that can help prevent problems with spiders in the future:
- Spiders are attracted to places that offer them shelter and a place to hide, so keeping your home tidy and clean will help deter them.
- Keeping food out in the open or in easily accessible areas is an invitation for the insects that spiders prey on, and therefore spiders, to come inside and help themselves. Storing food in airtight containers can help prevent all kinds of pests, including spiders.
- Clothing and linens left out in the open are an attractive target for spiders looking for a place to build their webs. Keeping these items in your closet or dresser can help make your space less appealing to spiders.
- Spiders often build their webs in cluttered areas or areas with a lot of vegetation, so keeping your yard orderly and clear of debris is a big deterrent.
- If you’re concerned about lots of spiders making their way into your home, use one of a number of natural spider repellents.
By following these simple spider prevention tips, you can help deter nuisance and dangerous spiders alike. If you do find yourself with a spider infestation, Mantis Pest Solutions is available to remove them safely. Call us today for a free consultation to be rid of spiders for good!