The first sign of an ant invasion is often when they’re marching across your kitchen counter, sending you scrambling for the nearest can of bug spray. Ants can be extremely frustrating because they seem to be everywhere, but there’s no single ant control solution for eliminating them. There are a lot of things you can try, but you have to think about what kind of ant it is before taking action. If it’s just a few ants here and there, then an insecticide spray may be enough. However, if the infestation is bad, then this makes professional treatment from an Overland Park pest control expert all the more important for eliminating ants from inside your house once and for all.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Overland Homes
Let’s take a look at the different types of ants commonly found in Overland Park:
- Carpenter ants: known to cause damage to wood structures
- Fire ants: known to sting and cause allergic reactions
- Pavement ants: known for invading homes looking for food
- Odorous house ants: known for their unpleasant smell when squashed
- Argentinian ants: known for their big colonies and ability to have multiple queens.
Each of these species has its own unique characteristics and behaviors, and understanding these can help to control them effectively. For example, effective pest control methods for carpenter ants may differ from effective methods for pavement ants. Identifying the type of ant species present in your home can help you to target them with the most appropriate and effective methods of ant pest control.
Why Ants In The House Can Be So Problematic
The problems ants can cause for homeowners include:
- Damaging property: Carpenter ants, in particular, can cause significant structural damage to homes if left unchecked.
- Contaminating food: Ants can contaminate food, making it unappetizing or even unsafe to eat.
- Spreading disease: Some ants species can also be carriers of diseases and spread them to people and pets.
- Being a nuisance: they can also be a nuisance to homeowners and make it difficult to enjoy outdoor spaces.
- Allergic reactions: Certain species can cause allergic reactions in some people.
It’s important to understand and address the problem promptly with ant control solutions to prevent the damage from escalating and protect your health.
How And Why Ants Find Their Way Into Our Homes
Ants are attracted to food sources and moisture, making them a common pest problem in homes. They can enter through small cracks and crevices or be attracted to outdoor areas close to homes like gardens and trash areas. Ant control in your house starts with understanding why they’re attracted to your home in the first place.
To prevent ants from being attracted to food sources, it’s important to keep food sealed and stored in airtight containers. Clean up crumbs and spills promptly, and make sure your garbage is sealed tight and disposed of regularly. To prevent ants from being attracted to moisture, take a look around your home for any leaks and fix them promptly. Keep gutters clean to prevent water from pooling, and eliminate standing water around the house. These small ant prevention tips can go a long way in preventing ants from making themselves at home.
Professional Assistance Is Key To Total Ant Control
Professional pest control is crucial for effectively eliminating ant infestations. At Mantis Pest Solutions, our trained exterminators will identify the specific ant species present and use the most appropriate methods for control. We also have access to specialized equipment and chemicals for more efficient and effective extermination. And, with our ongoing maintenance program, we’ll keep ants at bay for the long term.
Don’t let ants take over your home, trust Mantis Pest Solutions for total effective ant control. Contact us today!