Homeowners in Overland Park often worry about pests. One of the pests that may find their way into your home is the cricket. If left unchecked, these small insects can cause a lot of problems. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about crickets, the problems they can cause in your home, how to prevent them from entering your house, and the best way to get rid of them with pest control in Overland Park.
What Are Crickets?
Crickets are insects that belong to the order Orthoptera and the family Gryllidae. They are typically found in grassy areas and are known for their chirping sound, which males produce by rubbing their front wings together. Cricket size varies among different species. Black crickets, one of the most common species found in homes, can grow up to 1.5 inches in length and have a dark brown or black color. The crickets’ bodies are covered in a hard exoskeleton that protects them from predators. Their heads are large and have small antennae and mandibles, which help them find food and mates.
What Kind Of Problems Can Crickets Cause In Your Home?
Crickets can cause a variety of problems in your home. Some of these include:
- Noise pollution: The chirping of crickets can be quite loud and can disturb your sleep. Crickets can also make a loud clicking sound when they are fighting or mating.
- Damage to clothing and fabrics: Crickets can eat holes in clothing, curtains, and other fabrics in your home.
- Unpleasant odors: Dead crickets can produce a bad odor. Their droppings can also create unpleasant odors.
- A cricket infestation: Large numbers of crickets can gather in one area, leading to an infestation that can be difficult to get rid of.
These small insects can cause a lot of problems if not dealt with properly. It is crucial to take steps to prevent infestations and treat them if they occur.
How Can You Prevent Crickets In Your House?
Preventing crickets from entering your home is the best way to avoid the problems they can cause. Here are some things you can do to keep crickets out of your house:
- Seal cracks and holes in your home’s exterior: Crickets can fit through small openings, so it’s important to seal any cracks or holes in your home’s foundation or walls.
- Keep the lights off at night: Crickets are attracted to light, so keeping your lights off at night will reduce the chances of them entering your home.
- Keep the grass and weeds trimmed: Crickets prefer to live in tall grass and weeds, so keeping your lawn short and well-maintained will reduce the number of crickets in your area.
- Use a dehumidifier: Crickets thrive in moist environments, so keeping the humidity levels in your home low can help deter them.
If crickets are already causing problems in your house, it’s best to contact a professional pest control service like Mantis Pest Solutions, which will be able to effectively eliminate them and prevent them from returning in the future.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Crickets In My House?
Getting rid of crickets in your home can be a challenging task. While there are a variety of over-the-counter products that claim to get rid of crickets, the most effective way to deal with a cricket infestation is by hiring a professional pest control service.
Mantis Pest Solutions is a reliable pest control company that specializes in dealing with different types of cricket species and other common household pests. Our team of trained and experienced technicians uses safe and effective methods to eliminate crickets from your home and also offers a guarantee that our solution will prevent future infestations. With our help, you can finally get rid of crickets and enjoy a peaceful, cricket-free home.