No matter where you live in Overland Park, you may eventually have to deal with rats. These pests can squeeze through tiny crevices or holes and get inside your abode. Learn how to identify the presence of rats and get immediate help from an Overland Park pest control company.
Messy glue traps and applying sprays or pellets might not immediately solve a rat infestation in your home. A professional pest control company near you can provide more effective solutions to eliminate and prevent rats.
How To Tell If It’s Rats On Your Property
You need to figure out what type of Overland Park pest you are dealing with to use the best pest control solution. Here are some easy ways to tell if you have rats in your home.
You discover signs of chewed food packages with nearby rat droppings or urine stains. These pests may also leave signs of their presence under sinks and inside drawers.
Another sign is holes in walls, baseboards, or even floors where rats gnaw to gain entry. Be careful about keeping piles of newspaper or stacks of cardboard boxes. Rats will use these materials to build nests and may leave behind shredded bits.
Because of a deceased rat, you may suddenly smell a rank odor from around plumbing, behind walls, or between floorboards. Decaying rats may release bacteria into the air, which is both unpleasant and unhealthy.
If you see signs of nibbling on wires, wood, or droppings, don’t wait to call for rat pest control services. Over time, rats can rapidly reproduce and be increasingly difficult to remove.
The Damage And Dangers Rat Can Create
Rats may expose your family and property to bacteria and various dangers. Consider the following:
- Rats might chew electrical wiring, which could start a house fire.
- Drywall, wallpaper, and insulation aren’t safe from rats and their constant need to chew and find nesting materials. Also, it’s distressing to hear rats scurrying about or crying behind walls at night.
- Pests like rats might chew and burrow their way into upholstered furniture and leave bite marks on wooden tables, chairs, doors, and baseboards. Also, newspapers, books, and clothes aren’t safe from the destruction of these pests.
Nesting materials, rat urine, and feces can spread pathogens in the air that may make you ill when inhaled. Rats may transmit hantavirus, tularemia, bubonic plague, murine typhus, and other diseases via indirect or direct contact.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Property
Make a preemptive strike against pests like rats. To ensure long-lasting results, keep your place tidy, reduce clutter, and make your home less accessible to pests.
When a technician from Mantis Pest Solutions inspects your home, they can answer any questions you may have. Plus, they may offer helpful tips to prevent rats and other pests from invading your space.
Five Simple Ways To Prevent Future Rat Infestations
Deter rats and schedule routine rodent control services in Overland Park for rat prevention. Consider doing the following:
- Remove cardboard boxes, yard debris, and rubbish that provide nesting material or a place for Overland Park rodents to hide.
- Repair leaking pipes and remove standing water.
- Close gaps, holes, or crevices around doors, the foundation, walls, windows, or the roof.
- Protect human and pet food so rats cannot gain access. Use airtight storage and containers that are hard for rats to chew.
- Keep your place clean and schedule a visit from a pest control company like Mantis Pest Solutions for rat extermination and prevention services.
Learn innovative ways to protect your Overland Park home and family from pests and how Mantis Pest Solutions can remedy a rat problem. We offer quarterly follow-up services so pests stay gone. Give Mantis Pest Solutions a call today for eco-friendly pest control and enjoy peace of mind.