When you see an ant every once in a while, it can get you thinking: do I have an infestation? We have good news, one ant is not evidence of an infestation. It is possible that the ants you’re seeing every once in a while are coming from an outdoor nest. But the ants that appear in your home are letting you know that they’re able to get in. At some point, they may decide to create an indoor nest. Join us as we quickly look at how you tell if the ants you’re seeing are coming from an indoor nest, what you can expect from ants in your home, what attracts them, and how to prevent an indoor nest. If you know you have an indoor nest and you require a service visit, or you want to speak with a service professional to learn how to keep ants away, feel free to contact us. Mantis Pest Solutions provides smart and advanced pest control in Lee’s Summit. We’ll help you find the right solution for you.
How Can I Tell If I Have An Ant Infestation?
There are a few ways to tell whether or not ants are in your home. Take a moment to perform an inspection and look for the following warning signs that you may need indoor ant pest control.
- Dirt leaking out of baseboards and frames. Some ants bring soil in with them. They do this to establish suitable habitats inside wall voids.
- Frass leaking out of gaps and cracks. If you have black carpenter ants in your home, you may find this material instead of soil. Frass is a mixture of sawdust, insect parts, and ant droppings.
- Many ants all the time. If you see a superhighway of ants on your kitchen floor, counters, or shelves, there is a good chance the ants have established an indoor nest.
Whether ants have an indoor nest or outdoor nest, a large number of ants in your home is cause for some concern. Let’s quickly look at why this is the case.
Is It Dangerous To Have Ants In My House?
The ants that get into your home can harm you in two ways. It is essential to understand these issues so that you deal with ant problems appropriately.
- Ants climb in unsanitary environments and pick up disease-causing microorganisms. When they crawl on surfaces, dishes, and cutting boards, they leave these germs behind. When they get into stored food, they contaminate the food inside.
- Carpenter ants tunnel in wood and can damage property over time. It is critical to know how to identify carpenter ants so you can stop them early and prevent extensive damage.
It is best to apply outdoor ant control in Lee’s Summit to prevent indoor ant activity. Routine exterior treatments are the best way to accomplish this.
What’s Attracting Ants Into My Home?
Ants may get into your home for no reason at all, but it is far more likely that they found a food source. Ants lay down a pheromone when they return to the nest after finding food. Pheromones are how ants communicate. The last thing you want is for ants to find food in your home and recruit an army to enter your home. You can keep them out by deep cleaning and maintaining a high level of indoor sanitation.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In My House?
The best way to drive ants out of your Lee’s Summit home is to contact Mantis Pest Solutions for effective ant control. We provide free indoor treatments as a part of our exterior pest control service. Your service professional will apply control materials and repellents to get rid of any indoor ant activity indoors, and then keep ants out permanently by applying an exterior barrier. Reach out to us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Lee’s Summit.