Unfortunately, there’s no surefire way to prevent bed bugs from hitching a ride home with you. However, understanding some of the reasons why they invade homes can help you keep them out. Below are two common reasons bed bugs infiltrate our homes:
- They are attracted to our body heat and the carbon dioxide we exhale. This means bed bugs are often drawn to beds, couches, and other places where they can bite people.
- They are looking for a person or animal to serve as a food source, meaning that any home with people or pets is at risk of a bed bug infestation.
It’s best to contact your local exterminator for pest control to kill bed bugs immediately, especially since they multiply so quickly and are difficult to eradicate.
There are some steps you can take to make your home less attractive to these pests, thereby reducing the risk of an infestation. Below are a few ideas that can serve as methods of natural pest control for bed bugs.
- Keep your home as clean and clutter-free as possible.
- Vacuum regularly and wash your bedding and clothing frequently.
- Inspect used furniture and clothing before bringing it into your home.
- Use bed bug-proof covers on mattresses and box springs.
If these home remedies fail to deter bed bugs, then the best results can be achieved by signing up for professional pest control in Overland Park.
Bed Bug Bites Are Often The First Sign Of A Problem
Bed bugs are small, parasitic insects that are primarily active at night; this is when they bite their sleeping victims. Bed bug bites look like small, red welts on the skin. At this time, bed bugs are not known to transmit diseases. However, their bites can cause skin irritation and sometimes lead to infections.
Bed Bug Infestations Only Get Worse With Time
Bed bugs are a serious problem, and if left untreated, the situation will only get worse. The longer you wait to take action, the more challenging it will be to eliminate these unwelcome pests and the more problems they will cause for you, your family, and your pets.
How Bed Bugs Found A Ride Into Your Home
These sneaky pests are experts at hiding and can be difficult to remove once they’ve taken up residence in your Overland Park home. So how do bed bugs find their way into your home in the first place? Read on to find out!
- If you stayed in a hotel or motel infested with bed bugs, it’s possible that you brought some bed bugs home with you without realizing it.
- If you purchase used furniture or clothing, inspect it carefully before bringing it into your house as these items may be harboring bed bugs.
- If pets have been sleeping in an area infested with bed bugs, they may bring them into your home on their fur.
If you think you may have these biting bugs in your home, reaching out for local pest control to kill bed bugs is the fastest way to render your home bed bug-free.
Call The Pros To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
Bed bug infestations are difficult to reverse on your own. Only a trained pest control technician can utilize the bed bug control techniques for your home needed to get rid of them completely.
Bed bugs are no match for Mantis Pest Solutions! For the best results, get in touch with our Overland Park pest control experts today. We’ll be able to get rid of bed bugs quickly and efficiently, so you can get back to your normal, bed bug-free life!