There are a few key signs of termites to look for if you think you might have a termite problem. For example, seeing swarmers is often the first sign of termites in your home. These winged termites leave the colony to mate and start new colonies. You might see them near windows or doors, as they are attracted to light. However, this isn’t the only indication that termites are nearby. If you notice swarming termites or any of the signs listed below, contact an Overland Park pest control professional immediately.
Signs Of Termite Activity To Watch For Around Your Home
There are several other signs of active termites that homeowners should be aware of today, including the following:
- Mud tubes. When checking for termites, you should be on the lookout for mud tubes, which are small tunnels that the insects build out of mud or termite droppings. Termites use these tunnels to travel from their nests to food sources.
- Evidence of termite damage. If you see signs of damage to the wood in your home, it could be an indication of termite activity. This may include holes in wood, hollowed-out wood, or sawdust near wood.
- Active termites. You may also see termites themselves. Termites are small insects that are typically white or light brown in color. If you see insects around your home that look like flying ants, they could also be winged termites.
These bugs can cause extensive damage to your home if left unchecked. A trusted pest control company like Mantis Pest Solutions will be able to determine if there is an active infestation and provide a plan for termite removal.
The Extent Of Damage Termites Can Cause To Your Home
Termites in Overland Park cause more damage to homes, buildings, and agriculture annually than fires and storms combined! This is partly because termites live in hidden areas that are difficult to access. Since they tend to stay out of sight, these wood-destroying insects can do a significant amount of damage before they are detected.
There are three things to consider when trying to determine how much damage termites can do to your home.
- Species of termite
- Size of the colony
- Length of time the termites have been present
If you suspect you have a termite problem, it’s crucial to take action quickly to eliminate them as soon as possible. If you’re not sure how to get rid of house termites, you should contact a local pest control company that can help.
Factors That Attract Termites And How To Remove Them
Termites are attracted to a few things in and around your home. Here are two of the main attractants for termites:
- Wood touching the ground. This could be a number of things, including a tree stump, lumber, or even mulch.
- Water damage or leaks in your home. Termites are attracted to moisture and often target water-damaged wood, so these conditions may draw termites to your home.
If you’re concerned about a termite infestation, it’s important to have a professional inspect your property for termites and help you determine the best course of action to protect your home from termite damage.
Contact The Pros For Total Termite Control For Your Home
When you work with a pest control provider, they will be able to evaluate the extent of your termite problem and recommend the best way to get rid of termites. At Mantis Pest Solutions, we have over thirty years of experience providing pest control services in the Overland Park area. Our experienced and highly trained service professionals will be able to identify the type of termite you’re dealing with and recommend an effective solution.
We take great pride in using modern precision techniques to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. To learn more about our Overland Park pest control options for termites, call us today for a free quote!